Aquarium 3.2.0 Update
20 August 2009
Aquarium 3.2.0 Update has been released just recently.
You can download it using ChessOK Downloader or from our site:
Full update from any version
Incremental update 3.1.1 to 3.2.0
The download size is 18 Mb.
Read below what’s new in Aquarium 3.2.0 (also available in the Aquarium FAQ):
* Play mode: eliminated the observer engine. All engine assistance is now performed by the opponent engine.
* Play mode saves its state after exiting Aquarium. You can close Aquarium, then open it again and continue playing.
* Play mode: you can make moves (and get engine answers) from any position (in Fun mode): in variations and subvariations. This is more Fritz-like behaviour.
* You can export the game (game list, iBook page) as a ‘blog entry’, not to a separate HTML page.
* You can use Aquarium to create animated GIFs with board images.
* iBook edit mode is quite usable now. Most commands are presented as popup menu items, systax is highlighted etc.
* iBook search function is vastly enhanced.
* After pressing Esc (or otherwise stopping infinite analysis), the analysis window doesn’t disappear. Second Esc hides the window.
* You can add a single game to the tree.
* Adding game (or game list) to the tree now allows automatic move coloring.
* iBook writing: nested sections are allowed now.
* iBook writing: you can see what text in edit window corresponds to the selected text in View window.
* iBook writing: new commands are added to the command language.
* iBook writing: added some options to automatically convert the game notation to i-Book.
* DGT board input now allows inverting the position.
* Play mode: The time is now specified for the player and the engine (not for White and Black).
* Play mode: You can modify the clock values by double-clicking the clocks.
* The best line is not bold now in the infinite analysis display. It varies in color.
* Position search now does NOT respect castling rights.
* You can switch to a different Infinite Analysis preset while analyzing.
* Copy Board Image to Clipboard now creates the same image as ‘Save Board Image’.
* Engine Competitions list now have non-empty Standings for engine matches.
* Improvements to position setup: Move number, flip horizontally/vertically
* The move number from a pasted FEN string becomes the current move number.
* You can copy and paste the graphic commentary string (Aquarium specific).
* Added support for remote UCI engines via our servers.
* You can change the number of plies in infinite analysis with +/- keys, not only Num+/Num-.
* Fixed the bug in Engine-Engine matches when the engine was reloaded after each game if it had custom hash size settings.
* Fixed the loss of game header when the game is moved between some Aquarium modes.
* iBook: in some cases the iBook commands misjudged the side to move.
* Increased minimum size for infinite analysis options window.
* Fixed occasional lack of last mistake commentary in Game Analysis.
* Fixed occasional appearance of 5-digit Elo ratings in PGN database reading.
* ‘Sensible’ window layout is shown after it was corrupted, not the blank window.
* Fixed incorrect timestamp placement in CQLSearchResults.eld
* Changed Infinite Analysis time display to a more convenient h:mm:ss
* The highlighted move in the Notation window is now visible after entering the mode.
* Fixed occasional bug when changing settings for one engine during IA affected other engines’ settings.
* Save board image: image sizes are accurate now.
* Save board image: opponent move red arrow is now preserved in the image.
* Fixed the situation when analysis presets were not loaded correctly.
* Fixed the loss of game header when the game is moved to another database via drag-and-drop.
* Fixed ‘List index out of bounds’ error when enabling Tree and Classifier for the iBook.
* Fixed excess database connections (and error message spam) when searching for position in current dataset.
* Fixed occasional display of incorrect Ribbon tab when closing the i-Book page.
* The status bar tooltips (IA history, engine state, etc.) do not disappear any more.
* Fixed spelling error in engine match dialog.
* Fixed inability to add text markers on the board.
* Fixed crash when editing text markers.
* Added more sensible failure message when opening a database locked by CA.
* Added size constraits to iBook page select dialog.
Discussion and feedback
Thread on Rybka Forum