Level 1 [Rating 200-600]
Tactics, School Software
Training with Peshk@ courses by ChessOK: ELO 2400+ in just two years. READ THE ARTICLE
If you are a beginning player, you can’t afford to miss mate in one if you want to improve. This chess training course addresses that problem. The huge collection of chess puzzles makes it an excellent tool for speed training, even for stronger players.
This chess training software includes 40,000 exercises taken from real games with few pieces left on the board. Even solving just 10% of the exercises will ensure that you learn a huge number of mating patterns and probably never miss a mate in one again!
There is a follow-up course Checkmates II.
- Study the training material and test your knowledge
- Review your rating history
- Keep track of the progress of multiple users. Compete against your friends and family members
- Practice by playing against a chess program
Languages: English, German and Spanish.
System requirements: IBM-compatible PC, 64 Mb RAM, Hard Disk 50 Mb of
free disk space, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, CD-ROM drive. No additional software
ChessOK is proud to announce the immediate availability of Peshk@
, the newest member of its training and improvement family. Peshk@ is a modern chess improvement and training tool from the developers of CT-ART, one of the most popular and respected tactics training programs.
Additional training modules
. Besides the training module that comes with Peshk@, a selection of additional modules is offered, covering a wide range of subjects from the opening to the endgame and from strategy to tactics.
Familiar features in a modern user interface
. If you are familiar with older ChessOK training products, you will feel right at home with Peshk@:
Taking Advantage of the Internet.
- Keeps track of the progress of multiple users.
- Study the material and then test your knowledge
- Elo rating history
- Performance statistics
- Play against a chess engine
- Analyze with a chess engine
Peshk@ comes with one training course, but users can browse a list of available courses from inside the program. The list is automatically updated when new courses are released.
Users can try out new courses before they buy them. There is no need to install a new program just to try them out. The trial versions allow you to make more informed buying decisions. If you decide to buy, the purchase only requires a few mouse clicks and you will be able to start using the new course within minutes.
This design allows users to quickly build a library of courses that address exactly those areas that need the most improvement.
Improvements Based on User Feedback. The improvements in Peshk@ compared to previous ChessOK training programs are to a large extent based on feedback from users. Here are some examples:
- Improved user interface. Peshk@ is based on a modern user interface that is similar to Office 2007, just a lot simpler. Rybka Aquarium users will also feel right at home with the “ribbon” user interface. Note that you can minimize the ribbon by double-clicking on one of the tabs in order to maximize the working area. This can be helpful for users with low-resolution screens.
- Improved piece and board graphics. Peshk@ comes with a nice selection of boards and piece sets. The pieces are vector based so they look smooth at any size. Board themes and piece sets are interchangeable between Peshk@ and Rybka Aquarium.
- Consistency across different training program. This is solved by Peshk@. Instead of creating a different program for each training course, Peshk@ can handle multiple courses as described below.
- Vista UAC compatibility. Peshk@ is fully compatible with Windows Vista UAC and doesn't need administrative rights to run.
- Auto-update and an option to download courses from the Internet. Both of these features are built into Peshk@. Note that Internet access is only required while you are checking for and downloading new courses. Otherwise everything is done locally, so for training Peshk@ works in the same way as previous ChessOk training programs.