ChessOK forum

ChessOK :: Chess programs, chess books

• You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-07 22:15:19

jpd

CQL implementation in CA15

Hi.  I want to use CQL to drive classifier logic, using primarily header information,  but there seen to be issues in either my approach or the implementation in CA.

Simple queries like:
  (match
    :year 2010 2017
   (position)
)

Executes, but comes up with no games found (games in that range do exist).
When I try to use parameters like :site or :tag it claims that these are unknown keywords.

Any advice or is there a one pager (even hand written smile  )  on what parts of CQL are supported?

Thanks

#2 2017-09-08 11:58:51

Zhur
Administrator

Re: CQL implementation in CA15

[quote=jpd]Hi.  I want to use CQL to drive classifier logic, using primarily header information,  but there seen to be issues in either my approach or the implementation in CA.

Simple queries like:
  (match
    :year 2010 2017
   (position)
)

Executes, but comes up with no games found (games in that range do exist).
When I try to use parameters like :site or :tag it claims that these are unknown keywords.

Any advice or is there a one pager (even hand written smile  )  on what parts of CQL are supported?

Thanks[/quote]
===========
I am sorry but in our manuals and help files SQL search not described
I also can't give you any hints for this search

#3 2017-09-08 17:21:30

jpd

Re: CQL implementation in CA15

Yes, it's clear that there's no CQL documentation.  That's why I wrote the post.

I was asking if you could talk to the devs and have them write a note just listing the tags they support.  Is that possible?  If you want to make that section of the code available (it's likely a stand-alone module), I'll write the documentation...

It's useless as it stands, but it is an announced feature.  It would be nice to help users take advantage of it.

Thanks for the reply.   lmk if there's anything you can do about this.

Board footer