Rybka 3 Aquarium 3.0.8 Update
05 December 2008
Rybka 3 Aquarium 3.0.8 Update has been released just recently.
You can download it using ChessOK Downloader or from our site:
Full update from any version
Incremental update 3.0.7 to 3.0.8
The download size is 16 Mb.
For German version: after installing the update, delete the file <aquarium>\Aquarium.ger-rs-map. We’ll release special German 3.0.8 update soon.
Read below what’s new (also available in the Aquarium FAQ):
- Main tree is now flushed to disk when Tree Options dialog is displayed.
- Hash size can be set separately for each engine in engine match.
- Column sizes in games list are now saved.
- Rybka is not requested sampled search when it is switched off.
- Fixed crash when starting Game Analysis for a new game in PGN/CDP.
- ‘Load CTG’ button now works again.
- Fixed Infinite analysis crash when the game was closed prior to stopping analysis.
- Game analysis now works if the game starts not from the initial position.
- Improved pasting PGN into IDEA display.
- Fixed crippled Navigation Pane view with Large Fonts.
- Version number in the About box is correct.
- Fixed early clock starts in engine matches (the clocks started before the engines finished initializing).
- Fixed a rare bug with losing board-notation synchronisation after setting up position.
- Aquarium now prompts whether the user wants to delete/rewrite the database.
- Fixed missing ‘Date’ and ‘Round’ PGN fields at export.
- Fixed Infinite analysis bug with Chess960 castling.
- A new line is no longer added to a CQL script after each CQL search.
- Switching to wrong Engine type in the Engines list no longer crashes.
- Fixed occasional Aquarium crash when the engine crashes itself.
- Fixed crashes with changing engine list during the match.
- Removed occasional ‘zombie’ engines left in memory after Aquarium exit.
- Fixed incorrect behaviour when the active engine is renamed.
- Common Hash size in engine tournaments now working and is displayed properly.
- Fixed crash when the engine resigns that was playing with a multi-PV handicap.
- Fixed the text in ‘When time is up’ box of Game analysis settings.
- Fixed wrong behaviour at column dragging in the games list.
- Fixed column order in game lisis of different database types.
- Fixed different popup menus appearing in Tree window when right-clicking around.
- Allowed restoring the database for opening commentary in game analysis.
- Fixed occasional crashes in game analysis of the PGN game.
- ‘Turn’ in Position search now has effect in non-DSN databases.
- Infinite analysis display now doesn’t skip depths.
- Fixed crashes when changing engine settings and then loading.
- Fixed crash during game list column resize.
- Fixed occasional ‘go infinite’ sent to engine before ‘readyok’ is received.
This concludes the Aquarium 3.0 series.
Our next goal as adding a new major feature or two around January. Details won’t be disclosed yet, but it isn’t IDEA.
Discussion and feedback
Thread on Rybka Forum